Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PCOD and infertility. Tubes covering ovaries, filled with adhesion, not conceiving. Will it cause ovarian cancer?

HI doctor I am Tabu suffering from PCOD and infertility problem recently i went through laproscopic surgery for ovarian drilling but unfortunately it didn t happen because the surgeon said my ovaries are filled with adhesion and they couldn t recognize the ovaries itself even the tubes are covering the ovaries and it is fully filled with adhesion , then they had submitted a sample to the lab suspecting to be tuberculosis or other infections but the report came as normal no such evidences of such cells , now my problem is how can i become mother is it possible to treat my ovaries and also i want to know in future will this create ovarian cancer or some other problem i am worried kindly suggest
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

The adhesions you described indicates big problem. It may interfere with fertility.

The adhesions occurs mainly due to chronic infection. In your case, if it was due to cancer, then on histological examination must have revealed that.

It generally do not progress to any type of ovarian carcinoma.

Only problem, which you will have is infertility.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor