Suggest treatment for eczematous dermatitis

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor please check if my treatment is in right direction
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I require a brief medical history

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).

I request you to kindly provide me with a brief medical history so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
I have been asked to use tenovate cream and momate lotion
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

I have viewed the Image. You seem to have eczmatous dermatitis.
Tenovate cream alone, 2x daily for 2-4 weeks would be fine.
In addition you may take a tablet of cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Is it totallycurable or it comes back
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is curable

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

It is curable if you continue with the treatment till your doctor decides to stop it on follow up visits. A lot of patients relapse because they stop treatment on their own after partial improvement so the condition relapses shortly after discontinuing treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy