Suggest treatment for ear infection

Posted on Wed, 3 May 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have soars in my ear,what would cause this and what should I do about it?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible bacterial Infection, need antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Thank You for the query at HealthcareMagic,

Sores in the ear canal can be due to bacterial infection like swimmer's ear or furuncle or viral infection(Herpes).

Herpes infections usually present with blisters in the mouth along with ear canal.
If crusting is present, it is more likely to be bacterial infection.

Treatment is with antibiotics. Please be advised to consult a Primary care provider/ ENT specialist for appropriate management.

Meanwhile, you can take Ibuprofen (if not allergic) for pain. Also, keep ear canal dry, avoid swimming(if you do).

Hope I was able to help you.
Please feel free to address any more concerns.

Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal