Suggest treatment for ear drum infection with peforation
(asom) ear drum infection with peforation
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having sinus infection with tinnitus. Based on your clinical details, it appears to be ear drum perforation with active infection (ear discharge) with mastoid effusion secondary to chronic sinusitis.
Answers and solutions to your queries.
1. You need to be evaluated at an ENT doctor's office. Yes, this isn't normal. Visit the ENT when he/she is back from a vacation or consult another one. A CT scan of para nasal sinuses is necessary (chronic sinusitis).
2. Keep ears dry and clean. Avoid instilling water into the ear (plug them with dry cotton) to prevent reinfection, stop consuming freezer products (curd/ice cream).
3. As such, MRI brain required to see brain complications (meningitis, brain abscess) secondary to ear drum infection. I hope the current MRI scan has evaluated / ruled out brain complications.
4. Mastoid effusion is collection of fluid/pus secondary to infection. It requires antibiotics, if necessary mastoid operation (Mastoditis is a acute inflammation of mastoid air cells).
5. In my opinion, you require oral and aural antibiotics to control active infection. Kindly go ahead.
Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
Thanks for considering my answer and for your follow up.
Yes. Tinnitus, can be managed in your case, with antibiotics for infection (mastoid and sinus) and correction of ear drum perforation (surgery).
Hope, I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Ear cartilage infection treatment
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection
- Treatment and cure for ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for robotic sounds caused by an ear infection
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection
- Suggest treatment for ear infection and throat pain