Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for ear ache in a child

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5299 Questions
hi, My 2 year old son of waight 14.5 kg seems in lot of pain. his head is hot but temprature from under arm is normal. he was having same problem 8 hours back we gave him ibugecis 5 ml and any how manage to get him sleep. when he woke up he waa fine but now started crying again and not stopping seems has some pain but could not tell us as he does not speak by now. please help what to do. its sunday night and and no opd is open. thanks XXXX
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be earache or infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic. I understand your concern about the incessant cry. You did the thing right in giving Ibugesic.

I suggest that it could be a ear ache or infection. To calm him down and take out his pain you can give him Syrup Pedicloryl (500mg/5ml strength) at 5ml dose right now and also you can repeat Syrup Ibugesic (100mg/5ml strength) at 5ml every 8th hourly once till you see a paediatrician.

But I suggest you get him seen and checked by a paediatrician at the earliest and as soon as possible.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor