Suggest treatment for ear ache in a child

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: hi, My 2 year old son of waight 14.5 kg seems in lot of pain. his head is hot but temprature from under arm is normal. he was having same problem 8 hours back we gave him ibugecis 5 ml and any how manage to get him sleep. when he woke up he waa fine but now started crying again and not stopping seems has some pain but could not tell us as he does not speak by now. please help what to do. its sunday night and and no opd is open. thanks XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be earache or infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic. I understand your concern about the incessant cry. You did the thing right in giving Ibugesic.

I suggest that it could be a ear ache or infection. To calm him down and take out his pain you can give him Syrup Pedicloryl (500mg/5ml strength) at 5ml dose right now and also you can repeat Syrup Ibugesic (100mg/5ml strength) at 5ml every 8th hourly once till you see a paediatrician.

But I suggest you get him seen and checked by a paediatrician at the earliest and as soon as possible.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T