• question-icon

Suggest treatment for dysfunctional uterine bleeding

Posted on Sat, 1 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: This is an emergency. My sister had her second delivery 9 months back and is having her second periods now. Today is her second day and she sees that his bleeding is very vey heavy and incessant. She is worried about the heavy bleeding. No pain.
The difference between both her delieveries is around 1.5 years. Both were cesearan.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding most likely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

From the history, it seems that she may be having Dysfunctional uterine bleeding. The irregular and heavy bleeding that she is having can be due to uterine fibroids, polyps or hormonal disturbances. For diagnosis, she needs to have an ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen and some blood tests.

She can try the following till she gets the test reports done:
1) Take an iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF(Mefenamic Acid, and Tranexamic Acid), Ibuprofen(400mg after food twice daily for next 2-3 days);if at all any pain, and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. She will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines
3) She can go for mirena IUD once the cause is ruled out.
4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.
5) D&C may also be helpful in some cases.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Wishing her good health.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Thank you.

This helps immensely. Incase of any further queries, will touchbase you directly.

xxxxx
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:

Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-
Rakhi Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN