Suggest treatment for dry cough, low grade fever and sore throat
Consider antihistamine / decongestant combination
The presence of clear lungs has nothing to do with cough, it just means that the person does not have pneumonia which would cause changes in the sound of the lungs.
There are other causes for abnormal sounds in the lungs as well. There are quite a few causes of cough that do not cause any changes in lung sounds so she cannot use that to say that you have no cough!
The presence of fever and sore throat imply that there may be an infection present, likely viral. This can cause post nasal drip of mucus which is one of the most common reasons for a persistent cough.
1 out of 5 persons are not aware of the drip itself.
You can consider the use of an antihistamine/decongestant combination of medication eg Zyrtec-D, allegra-d, Claritine-D, Benadryl-D.
The 'D' decongestant decreases the drip, used even if there is no nasal congestion.
In some people, it can unfortunately take up to 2 weeks for the oral med to take effect, in others it is faster.
If after 2 weeks, if the symptoms persist then you may need to add Singulair.
I hope this helps.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wet cough sore throat low grade fever
- Low grade fever sore throat green mucus
- Tired low grade fever sore throat
- Brown muscus low grade fever sore throat
- Low grade fever dry cough children
- Dry cough low grade fever
- How are sore throat and low grade fever treated
- Sore throat low grade fever nasal congestion
- Low grade fever pain chills sore throat
- Sore throat low grade fever back pain
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?