• question-icon

Suggest treatment for discoid lupus, swelling and pigmentation on left cheek

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: I have been suffering from Discoid Lupus, resulting swelling and pigmentation on my left cheek, below chin and under eyes. I have been prescribed to take Deflazacort 6mg one Tab/day after Breakfast and HCQS200 twice daily for 3 months. Is it OK? Do the medicines have any serious side effect? Should I take some Vitamin Pills alongwith the above medication?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your medicines are appropriate.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your medicines are appropriate . These drugs are safe and your doctor will regularly monitor you for side effects .

Since you have hypertension and you are taking steroids so regular monitoring of blood pressure is required . And also HCQS should be taken in night so that pigmentation does not occur .

Rest monitor sugar levels and blood counts regularly. Any other queries please ask.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Being prescribed, BD, I have to take HCQS 200 once in daytime apart from night time dose. Should I take any other Vitamin / medicine for pigmentation/BP/Sugar/any other side effect?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for reverting back.

Yes, you have to take HCQS twice . No other vitamin supplementation is required , Please avoid direct sunlight exposure . Just monitoring for other side effects is necessary , nothing specific is required to be done .

Any other query please ask.

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist