Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 18 Nov 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Hi Doctor,

I suffered with sever lower back pain a month back which was diagnosed as Disc Prolapse. He gave some muscle relaxants after which i recovered partially. The pain subsided and currently i am facing difficulty sometimes. There is a pinching pain in my frontal hip. I am on Supplemenys like Renerve , Absolut 3G and Calcium ,K2. I am doing back strengthening physio exercises. Could you suggest any medication for the discomfort and pinching pain near my left frontal hip.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue with current medications.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for your health concerns,I have gone through your question, you are suffering from acute disc prolepse . The medicines you are having are good and physiotherapy is also very good.you can take muscle relaxant like thiochochicoside along with pain killer like aceclofanac and deflazacort 6mg twice daily for five days.You can also have a course of aflapine 50mg BD for three months.Do continue with physiotherapy and avoid forward bending and wt bearing .
I hope I have answered your question, in case you have any other questions than you can ask on follow up.
thanks
yours sincerely Dr Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana