Suggest treatment for diarrhea, stomach pain and slight fever

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 13 Jul 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello doctor I had food from.from the market snd then passed loose stools.stools . I was having pain in the stomach and didn't feel like eating much I consulted my doctor he gave me secnil forte 1 mg 2 tablets together.together . The pain is gone but I have slight fever after a day 99.5
I have not had any motion since 3 days and don't feel like eating much.
Please sujjest.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
PPI Probiotic, full diet, Antibiotic if required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Read and understood your history of food from the market giving loose stools and pain in abdomen. Your Doctor gave you 2 Secnil forte. Now the pain is gone but have have slight fever of 99.5; not motion since 3 days and do not feel like eating much.

So far so good except that you have slight fever and motion not passed for 3 days and not feeling like eating.

I would suggest you the following:
Since there is no nausea or vomiting, please take normal home-made full diet with curds. This will help to have normal motion.
Fever may be due to occult intestinal infection which is of low grade and taking some antibiotic like Cefixime may help, please discuss this with your treating Doctor.

Also take PPI like Omeprazole, Probiotics.

This will solve your problems.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask further if you feel that there is a gap of communication.