Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
My son is 9 months old, he is having loose motions from last friday. We consulted a pediatrician - who suggested us Nutrolin B twice a day and Zinc Dry Powder Suspension once a day. He passed motions around 7 to 8 times from Friday to Sunday. Today it is 5 times till now. But his last 3 stools are dark green in color, which is my worry.
Can you please suggest on this or shall I visit the pediatrician immediately.
No need to worry
I understand your concerns but do not worry. Infants can have green poops during an episode of diarrhea due to short transit time in gut. I would recommend you to continue with zinc supplement and neutrolin B supplement as suggested by your pediatrician. Ensure good hydration by regular feeds and fluids. Also, get your son's stool routine examination done to rule out associated bacterial infection. You may upload the report for my reference.
Hopefully it will be of help.
Just to understand how should I check my sons stool routine examination done. Do I need to observe for how many times or days regarding the color or like lab test report ?
Lab test-stool routine and microscopy
It's a lab test. You will get the report within a day which you may upload for my reference.
His stool color is back to yellow now. So shall i still need to go for test?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Treatment of oily diarrhea infant
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea