Owl Image

How to treat moles on the right foot?

Owl Image
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Question
Okay ive had this problem with my right foot at first the doctors thought it was athletes foot gave me meds for it did nothing for me so ive had it over a year now but more recently its been worse my skin is splittingg open and i dont know if it consides but the same time it started to get worse i compelety lost the feeling of hunger i have to force myself to eat something while also devloping more moles and my hair seems to be failing out more then usual
Sat, 9 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Kindly answer the following to comment further

What medication were you advised for the athletes foot.
What medication are you using currently
Can you upload some images of the skin lesions that you described.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Follow-up: How to treat moles on the right foot? 31 hours later
Im not exaclty sure what the medicine was called but i know i got two one to treat it and the other to protect the skin that split open and im currently taking over the counter stuff which seems to have the same result as what i recieved from the doctor

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Based on the images you uploaded, a fungal infection is likely. If the diagnosis is in doubt then scraping test should be performed to confirm it.

Initially topical antifungal such as clotrimazole are advised. If the lesions do not resolve with topical treatment then oral antifungal drugs such as terbinagine can be considered for treatment.

The adverse effects which you described are not usually scene with antifungal treatment specially topical preparations.

For quicker resolution adding a zinc supplement can also help. Keep the area dry and for superimposed bacterial infections in the areas which are cracked/ open wounds, topical antibiotics like gentamicin should also be applied.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks