Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain

Dr. Ganesh

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Some time back i suddenly had a terrible loose motion and stomach pain along with gas. Not sure of food poisioning. Will ORS be enough ? Will i need to do anything more?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
ORS - depending on your symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for approaching to health care magic.
Iam Dr Ganesh to help you with your query.

1. Its very good that you have started with ORS which is right thing to start with.
ORS will be enough, if you have no other symptoms and if you feel it is resolving.

2.But in case you are added with more symptoms like severe abdominal pain, vomiting , body pains , fever kind of things. You may need some pain killers, anti spasmodic,acetaminophen, antibiotics if necessary.

3.You don't have to do any thing if you feel better and loose stools getting normal.If not then you have to see you near by doctor and get the needful medications.

Hope i have helped you with your question.
If you have anything to ask do not hesitate.
wish you good health.
thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D