Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

162 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain

Sep 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2344 Questions
Some time back i suddenly had a terrible loose motion and stomach pain along with gas. Not sure of food poisioning. Will ORS be enough ? Will i need to do anything more?
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
ORS - depending on your symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for approaching to health care magic.
Iam Dr Ganesh to help you with your query.

1. Its very good that you have started with ORS which is right thing to start with.
ORS will be enough, if you have no other symptoms and if you feel it is resolving.

2.But in case you are added with more symptoms like severe abdominal pain, vomiting , body pains , fever kind of things. You may need some pain killers, anti spasmodic,acetaminophen, antibiotics if necessary.

3.You don't have to do any thing if you feel better and loose stools getting normal.If not then you have to see you near by doctor and get the needful medications.

Hope i have helped you with your question.
If you have anything to ask do not hesitate.
wish you good health.
thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist