Suggest treatment for diabetes
You need evaluation.
Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.
For better opinion I want to know which insulin are you taking & may suggest-
- complete blood count.
- Blood sugar level Fating & Post-prandial.
- Renal function test.
- Liver Function test.
- Urine examination.
Along with this clinical examination is also important. If you haven't had these tests, it is advisable to get it done through your treating doctor.
Depending upon all of the above appropriate modification in antidiabetic medicines and insulin can be made.
Awaiting your replies / details
Dr. Abhay Mali.
Your 1 yr back HbA1c was quite high, with current levels of blood sugar level there might be further deterioration of HbA1c level.
Wosulin 30/70 contains combination of short and intermediate acting insulin.
In your scenario I may have suggested
- Tab Janumet twice a day.
- Tab Reclimet once or twice a day.
Depending upon detailed clinical examination and considering normal heart and kidney function.
Along with these medicines may have continued Wosulin 30/70 as before with blood sugar monitoring at home with using Glucometer as follow-
- Any 2-3 reading from the following 7 readings daily
2 hours after breakfast
2 hours after lunch
2 hours after Dinner.
Early morning 3 am (once or twice a month)
- Additional readings if there are symptoms of low blood sugar level.
Depending upon this weekly chart appropriate changes in Insulin doses or even change in type of insulin can be considered.
Along with this follow regular exercise as tolerated and take diabetic diet.
Continue Tab Aztulet as before it is not for blood sugar control but it is a blood thinner and for lipid control.
Hope this helps you.
In future you can directly ask questions to me on following link-
Hence please let me know if there is any alternative tablet for use.
Your uneasiness may not be related to Tab Aztolet.
Tab Aztolet contains Atorvastatin (lipid lowering) and Clopidogrel (blood thinner) which has significant role in prevention of vascular complications especially in diabetes.
Your symptoms of uneasiness may not be related to its use.
Better to discuss this issue with your treating doctor as clinical examination and detailed history taking is important.
Hope this helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Has juvenile diabetes suggest treatment and medicine
- Suggest treatment for bacterial infection uti for a diabetic patient
- Suggest alternative medications for treatment of diabete
- Suggest treatment for type 2 diabetes
- What treatment is suggested for class 2 diabetes
- Suggest treatment for uncontrolled diabetes
- Having diabetes suggest medicine dosage and duration of treatment
- Diabetes had a stroke paralyzed on dialysis suggest treatments
- Suggest treatment for disturbed sleep when on diabetes medication
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for type 2 diabetes
- How long does gestational diabetes take to resolve?
- What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
- What causes weakness all over body and numbness on left side of chest?
- What does the following microalbumin report indicate?
- What does high fluctuation in blood sugar levels indicate?
- Is there any scope for further improvement in vision of a diabetic patient?
- Can oral anti-diabetic medicine be taken after LVAD implantation?
- Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes abdominal pain, spasms and frequent sticky stool?