• question-icon

Suggest treatment for diabetes and high blood pressure

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi i have type 2 diabeties im on metformin 1 to 2 pills daily and im on ramapril high blood pressure pills 1 daily i want to know if its safe to take VMAX male enchansment pills with my condition and medication.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can't be predicted

Detailed Answer:

I've checked VMAX, as I didn't know about it and it mentions two ingredients. None of them is a drug, therefore their actions are not properly documented. Using herbs without adequately documented effects cannot be encouraged as their effects are unpredictable. The producer claims that this product changes the hormonal balance (more testosterone, improvement of adrenal function). Changing the hormonal balance is not a good thing. Although a high testosterone level may sound nice (more masculinity?) this is not the case in real life. Unless you've got testosterone deficiency (which may require proper medical treatment) increasing your testosterone does not sound like a good idea.

I don't see any interaction with diabetes or the medications but I can't be certain as there was no documentation that I could come across with.

If you're having sexual dysfunction then perhaps you should talk with either a urologist or your primary care physician. Diabetes, hypertension and ramipril may cause some degree of dysfunction.

So in conclusion, although I don't have enough information to judge the safety of this product, I can't recommend using it.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis