Suggest treatment for dark circles under the eyes of a 4 year old

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Asking on behalf of my wife.She has dark circles under her eye for around 4 years.She is 26 years old.There is no problem of sleep or stress.She takes regular 8 hours of sleep everyday.It seems that there is some internal problem.She also has a bit bulgy skin under her eye.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and need to ask you few questions.
Is their any family history of dark circles in your wife?
Has she taken any treatment in the past?
Is she hypothyroid?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 hours later
No family history of dark circles.She has not taken any treatment before.She used anti dark circles creams but they were not a permanent solution.The creams only lightened it for some time and after some days it was again the same.It all started around 4 years ago until then everything was ok.
She does not have any problems like weakness,stress,headaches,insomnia etc.Everything seems to be normal but the dark eye circles still exist.
She used to take dexorange syrup as she thought it may be due to iron related problem but it didn't work.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for fillers or lasers or IPL

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs .
If the topical preparations are not very effective in the treatment of dark circles l would recommend your wife to go for fillers or fractional laser resurfacing or Intense pulse light ( IPL ) therapy.
These can be taken at some good dermatology clinic having expertise in this.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 24 minutes later
Pls suggest any effective cream and medicine which could be taken before going for the above mentioned treatments.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use either wunder eye cream or melaglow cream

Detailed Answer:
She can use either Wunder eye cream or Melaglow cream on the affected areas.
Both are equally effective.
They are applied on the eyelids twice daily.
The treatment needs to be continued for at least 10-12 weeks to see any significant improvement.