Suggest treatment for cramps and bleeding

Question
daughter having terrible cramps,told bleeding for 3 months now
she is in great deal pain.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please furnish further information.

Detailed Answer:

I would like to know some additional information like the age of your daughter, if she was menstruating regularly prior to this episode and if she is on any medication or is suffering from some infection. Any other significant information would be helpful so I can comment further.

Looking forward to your feedback.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cramps and bleeding 9 minutes later
she is 32 as mentioned above,no other medication.she had her spleen removed 2 years ago.please advise

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get proper evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the feedback.

In the current scenario, she needs a complete evaluation by a specialist. She would need coagulation profile, sonogram of the pelvis and if needed an MRI, hormone assessment and routine urinalysis and blood counts to rule out infections.

Stress and weight disturbances are some other causes for such disturbances. Endometriosis, fibroids, pelvic infections and lastly, unhealthy surfaces may all cause this picture.

She may need styptics and hormones to control the bleeding; nutritional supplements are a must to improve the general condition. Appropriate management can be planned only after a complete evaluation.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for any more information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.