Suggest treatment for cough along with the sinus infection and hot sensation at the back of my head

Dr. Eni

Posted on Wed, 29 Aug 2018 in General Health
Question: Coughing for a,week bad sinus infection now when I cough I get a,weird feeling in my head like in going to pass out and back of my head gets super hot what is it
Answered by Dr. Eni 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment with drugs recommended.

Detailed Answer:

What you have experienced this last week it is called an upper respiratory infection and what you are experiencing now is the result of the blockage of your sinuses. The blockage of the sinuses gives the sensation of heaviness and the head pain.

I would highly recommend you to start the treatment with some drug therapy.
You should consider Tylenol (paracetamol) for the pain and the fever. Consider taking Guaifenesin against the coughing and against the secretions.
To get relieved from sinusitis you need also to take an antibiotic such as Augmentin. If you are allergic to penicillin then you should switch Augmentin to Azithromycin.
Also drinking lemon tea, eating fruits, soups and staying relaxed and not working is essential for the organism to heal as soon as possible.

Dr. Eni
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T