Suggest treatment for constant swelling of the vocal cords
Antibiotic therapy with general care would help
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Throat infection if not cleared by itself requires 7 days antibiotic therapy along with general care. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
- I would start you on amoxicilin/clavulanic acid 625mg thrice a day for 7 days. (It is a prescription medicine so you need to visit nearest doctor to get it)
- Take acetaminophen for pain
- Take hot water in a cup, add 1 table spoon salt in it. Perform gargles (mouth wash) with
it three times a day for at least 3 days. It will give soothing effect.
- take 30-45mins walk/exercise daily in the evening. It will make you fresh, healthy and is good for digestion.
- Don't lie down immediately after taking meal
> Chilled water
> Spicy food
> fatty & oily food.
> heavy meals at night
> carbonated & caffeine drinks
Hopefully you will see improvement in 2-3 days. IF condition remains same then you need to visit hospital and get an appointment for a "Consultant ENT Specialist".
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of swelling of vocal cords ayurveda
- Treatment for nodule in vocal cord ayurvedic
- Vocal cord treatment
- Left vocal cord is growth treatment
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment for strained vocal cords
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling on shoulder
- Suggest treatment for swelling on buttocks
- Bowed vocal cords treatment