Suggest treatment for constant joint pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: hello,
My mother is 48 urs old. She is having joint pains from past 3/weeks. we consulted a general physician and he got a few tests done and attached reports.

should I be consulting some one who specializes in gout treatment. please let me know if this is a serious issue.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please attach the reports.

Detailed Answer:
There are no reports attached with query. If her uric acid levels are raised then there is no need to worry. The joint pain is due to gout.
Regarding the gout pain let me reassure you that the pain will subside after some time. Sometimes we have to use a combination of medications to relieve the inflammation and help the body clear the uric acid. These medications include allopurinol, prednisone, indomethacin or colchicine. In patients who have persistent pain I often use prednisone for 3 to 5 days and patients do well. I would advise you consult an orthopedician for proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Requesting you to look at the attached reports and let me know ur opinion
Brief Answer:
No reports are attached.

Detailed Answer:
Please attach the reports in the box provided on the right hand side of the query page.
I will be happy to help you.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
please find attached. there is an issue with the app. if it fails this time kindly provide me the email so I can forward.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Send it by e. mail and write to me.

Detailed Answer:
I do not see your attached reports here. Do care to send it to
YYYY@YYYY
with my name (Attn : Dr Praveen Tayal ) in the subject.
Or you can also write the results in the place of query.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 days later
pfa reports.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of Gout.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached reports. Her serum uric acid levels are raised. This is suggestive of gout. This is not a serious problem. She can get the proper medicines like Allopurinol and pain killers and prednisolone prescribed form an orthopedician for relief.
Regards.