Suggest treatment for cold feeling in foot of a diabetic
Symptoms are suggestive of peripheral neuropathy
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.
I have noted your symptoms, and based on that, we need to exclude a diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy. In this condition, the nerves of skin and autonomic nerves usually have dysfunction, leading to temperature changes and loss of sensation.
The diagnosis can be confirmed by doing nerve conduction studies. We need to check the vitamin B12 levels, as a deficiency of B12 can cause similar symptoms.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for cold sore
- Suggest permanent treatment for acute cold
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Non-diabetic neuropathy in toes dry mouth feel cold treatment
- What treatment is suggested for fever and cold
- Suggest treatment for allergic cold and fever
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatments for bad cold
- Suggest treatment for cold and sneezing
- Suggest treatment for cold during pregnancy