Suggest treatment for chronic radicular pain in the extremities

Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: the fact is I am at a lost, including my doctors. I present with multiple symptoms such as fibromyalgia, vascular ehless XXXXXXX Los syndrome, history of seizures, bleeding, bruising, bowing of my bones in my arms, numbness, tingling in my hands, loss of of feeling in my legs and feet, and my pain is getting unbearable to the point I don't sleep and pray that I don't wake up the next morning because it means another day of suffering. This doesn't cover everything, but I have no answers, and I feel like no one can or will not help me. So, suggestions?

Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
spinal straightening exercises , hot massages , muscle relaxants will help if fail you may need another neurological intervention if needed .

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using HealthcareMagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

From your given history you have not mentioned any kind of physical exercises , actually physiotherapy sessions with a chiropractor , spinal straightening exercises , hot massages with topical gels , B12 supplementation are of very good value with most of patients even without using medications like anti inflammatory or muscle relaxants or any kind of painkillers like narcotics .
I think your history of fibromyalgia , syndrome ,bowing bones exaggerates your low back pain symptoms . i think your main cause of pain is your spinal nerve root compression .
Try to decrease your weight and if you had a neurological operation before and you still can not withstand pain i think you have a syndrome called failed back syndrome which if diagnosed may need another operation to free your nerve compression .
I recommend a new MRI and follow up with a neurosurgeon for proper evaluation and management of such chronic pain resistant to physiotherapy and medications .
Minor endoscopic interventions are of very good results with such cases nowadays . your neurosurgeon may choose endoscopic or surgical intervention if your spine needs to be fixated with plates and rods .
Hope you feel better soon i want you to be patient with your chiropractor and hot massages because that may prevent such surgical interventions .

Please click and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Wish you good health,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D