Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

175 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs

Answered by
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 5172 Questions

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My grandson has had pain in his legs for over a year. Took him to ped. Ortho. And he didn't touch legs, just watched him walk said nothing wrong. Only said feet pronated. Any suggestions. Thank you for any help you could offer.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Physiological vs Pathological

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

Usually problems with the arch of the foot can lead to pronation of the foot. Pronation is when the ankle 'rolls inwards'. There is also associated flat foot.

This can be physiological upto 7 years of age, and if it persists beyond this age, it becomes pathological.

I would recommend you consult an Orthotic specialist for a brace for the foot to bring it back to normal position.

Just wait and watch for the time being. If the deformity is corrected then fine. Otherwise, soft tissue surgery may be needed to correct the ligament and tendon forces.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.


Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Soft tissue

doctor1 MD

my muscles sometimes for almost one week or two weeks get deflated after continuous workout. And after few days, again it gets back to the same position. It happens with me more often. I mean something like decrease in size or sense of feeling of loosing contraction of muscles.

doctor1 MD

i had a cortisone shot in my left hip,,feeling it take effect was painful went to bed..lasted for several I am having pain i my right hip,,feels like a pulled muscle..I have been putting heat and cold on seems to feel like a strong twitch or spasm of the muscle..could this be the cortisone shot remaining in my flesh???

doctor1 MD

Hi! Im a Bodybuilder and I have been prescribed Tetralysal 300 to take twice/day for 3 months and now I am wondering if this medicine will have a negative effect on my ability to build muscle/gain muscle? The reason I ask is because Ive heard/read that some antibiotic would have a negative effect when it comes to muscle gains and I dont want to take something that could effect my ability to gain new muscles under such a long time period. Regards Mikael

doctor1 MD

Below my calf but above my ankle, it feels like there is a one inch gap where there should be a tendon or muscle. I have played highly competitive soccer my whole life and have broken this ankle before. Do you know what this injury could be? It s been this way for years.

doctor1 MD

Can you get a zit in your nipple? Because I did!!! I didn't know you could get one there. It was the size of a marble and when I squeezed it tons of puss came out.. But it was my nipple!!!!!!!!!

doctor1 MD

I have had pain in my index finger for a month and trouble straightening and bending my finger. There are times that my finger remains in a curled position and is very hard to straighten. Could this be arthritis?

doctor1 MD

I have pain in the center of my chest near the bottom of my ribcage. sometimes it hurts and burns at the same time. I also have several lumps on my chest and in my left breast. they usually don't bother me but when I get cold they hurt until I...