Suggest treatment for chronic cough and cold

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am facing regular cough and cold.
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic cough and cold: Take these medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Hi!

I would say that your problem of "regular" cough and cold has become chronic. There could be different reasons for this. You might be having sinus problems.
You might be suffering from a lung infection. And finally, you might be allergic
to something in your environment.

I would strongly suggest that you take Bromhexine cough syrup.
For the cold, I would ask you to take an antihistaminic like Levocetrizine.

Do write back to me for any further doubts or questions about your health.

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 10 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX Kudchadkar,

I think I am suffering due to the dust in environment and its allergic only.

Thanks for your advise...!!!

XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome anytime.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I would kindly ask you to take long term low dose antihistaminics like allegra, in case of you suspecting that the cause of your "cold" is the dust in the environment.

Thanks for using health care magic.
Take care,
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar