Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for chronic constipation caused after a Caesarean Section

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
live southern XXXXXXX ...have had constipation from last child born 1986 (Caesarean Section). used to be severe Pain left side .... dr suggested diet ..... no 2014!!!!!. destroyed home life, health, family, work, income (so much spent on dr and medication)....soo many colonoscopies, etc, but that is as far as doctors take it..... I have the best diet one could imagine. Please help. Am I given to understand that this is a one off payment of €18. If it isn't I don't wish to correspond. I have already spent so much I haven't what would buy me a new coat, never mind spend more on doctors than I am alredy spending.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: continue laxatives Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Sorry to disappoint you, but if in almost 30 years and so many doctors and colonoscopies, no effective cure has been found, then you will have to live with it. I think that in that severe infection following your c-section has damaged the nerves supplying your rectum. And nerves can not be regenrated by any means. All you can do now is continue laxatives and high fiber diet like oats and bananas. You can also try drugs which increase the motility of the bowel. Here at my clinic i use levosulpride, but as it is a prescription drug and i dont know if it is available at your place, so you need to consult your local doctor for the same. Hope i have answered all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor