Suggest treatment for cervical erosion

Question
Hi I am 47 with diagnosed endo and cervical erosion. I have been taking cezarrete for 2 years with no problem. Lately noticed post coital bleeding , this varies. I am worried this could be more serious. On pelvic examination doc noticed a possible infection ( yellow discharge and sum blood from cervix). I am very worried and scared , my Pap smears have always been regular. Last one 16 months ago. I present no pain, just the odd cramp simar to those experienced prior endo diagnosis.
I am worried and scared please advise
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get a colposcopy done.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

It is possible for post coital bleeding to occur with erosions of the cervix and when there is some vaginitis and cervicitis. As your doctor has suspected some vaginitis, please get a swab and take appropriate treatment.

Considering your age, it is good to have a colposcopy done to help you guide further and plan further management. Pap smears need to be repeated every three months as bleeding has been noticed.

The pill has nothing to do with the bleeding. As of now, the most likely cause of your post coital bleeding seems to be the erosion and the vaginitis. Once you get these treated, it may not recur.

Please do not worry; there are very good investigations to detect if there is any problem at cellular level and prompt treatment can be given.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact if you need any more information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cervical erosion 49 minutes later
Thank for answer . Can cervical erosion ( and suspected infection on cervix) cause irregular bleeding. This is unpredictable and slight. Also during pelvic examination doc said maybe fibroids as enlarged uterus ( 2 month pregnancy size) occasional period like cramps simple pain killers work. This is not chronic pain. Worried

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Erosions can cause bleeding.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Cervical erosions do cause inter-menstrual spotting and post coital bleeding.

To diagnose uterine fibroids, a trans-vaginal sonogram will be very helpful. Endometrial hyperplasia, if any, can thus be visualized very well. Cramping pain during periods can be due to fibroids or endometriosis apart from other causes of dysmenorrhea. After a sonogram, further management can be planned if needed.

Please do not worry, just get the investigations done and everything is going to be fine.

Hope I have answered your query. Please get back if you need any more information. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cervical erosion 6 hours later
Thank you,
I know that I have cervical erosion and that this is a concern cos of my age (47).
The symptoms are bleeding during intercourse but in fairness not much afterwards once clean up. I am on cezarrete to control endo so not had a period for last 2 years or so. I always have to wear a panty liner because might have bleeding. If any this is usually slight and bright red. I am concerned that given my age it could be more serious. I am so scared and worried after doing internet research. My smear tests have been always clear. On last exination when erosion found there was bleeding on cervix and some yellow discharge the doc told me. I am waiting to have follow up procedure but the waiting is adding to my anxiety and worry. I am so scared, please help

Brief Answer:
Please go ahead with investigation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

In view of your age and your symptoms, it is best to get investigated right away. Early lesions, if any, can be treated completely, if intervened early. Though, in the majority, it turns to be a simple erosion in the end and heals with standard treatments.

Therefore, I ask you not to worry as there is every chance that you could have a a benign lesion. Do not search on the internet as without proper guidance, most often you will be mislead.

Hope all your queries have been answered. Please contact if you need any more information. I will be available to help.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.