Suggest treatment for cat scratch

General Surgeon
Question
Helo doctor, My healthy playful Kitten cat scratched my hand on 25th july 2014 night but not sure weather its a scratch or bit and there is mild redness and a scratch mark in the site. I washed it with water and hit some perfume......then I consulted a MD doctor and she told no need to to go for any injections just leave it.....But out of some worry I went and administered RABIPUR vaccine on my own I went and met a nurse who injected the vaccine on my glute muscles (buttox region) but I told her to put it in my upper hand but she refused...do i need to retake the dose ?....aslo I ahd taken full course of anti rabies injection way back in 2010 XXXXXXX to amrch 5 doses
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need two doses

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

As the exposure is significant you definitely need Rabies prophylaxis
As you have had previous complete Post exposure prophylaxis, this time you only need two does 3 days apart. The injection is to be given in deltoid region only that is the arm.

I hope I have attended to your query satisfactorily.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cat scratch 10 minutes later
can I retake the injection today again now ?.......yesterday it was wrongly injected in the hip glute muscle region Thnx Doctor, can I retake the injection today again now ?.......yesterday it was wrongly injected in the hip glute muscle region

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be taken today

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

You can definitely take the injection today in the deltoid region.

Best regards
Dr Deepak

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cat scratch 1 minute later
Thank you doctor

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi bro

Wishing you great health.

Best regards
Deepak