Suggest treatment for candida infection

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi XXXXXXX

Lately, I have been experiencing some moistness inside my penis skin, itchiness, and stench when I pull my skin off. Could you please suggest if this an infection? If yes, what should I do? I have not been involved in sexual activities. Please suggest a type of specialist for this type of problem. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
candida infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
This type of situation is usually seen in Candida infection.
You can try an antifungal cream like clotrimazole for a week.
If there is no response it will be better to meet a dermatologist.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me how to use this cream and what are the side effects? Please tell me the reason for this kind of infection so that I can take some preventive measures.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 days later
Brief Answer:
common fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It is a common fungal infection.
Usually it happens if your immunity goes down due to stress or any other illness.
Take good food and keep genital area clean.
Apply this cream twice daily for a week.
There are no side effects.
Thank you