Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for candida infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions

Lately, I have been experiencing some moistness inside my penis skin, itchiness, and stench when I pull my skin off. Could you please suggest if this an infection? If yes, what should I do? I have not been involved in sexual activities. Please suggest a type of specialist for this type of problem. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
candida infection

Detailed Answer:
This type of situation is usually seen in Candida infection.
You can try an antifungal cream like clotrimazole for a week.
If there is no response it will be better to meet a dermatologist.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for candida infection 20 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me how to use this cream and what are the side effects? Please tell me the reason for this kind of infection so that I can take some preventive measures.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 days later
Brief Answer:
common fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
It is a common fungal infection.
Usually it happens if your immunity goes down due to stress or any other illness.
Take good food and keep genital area clean.
Apply this cream twice daily for a week.
There are no side effects.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor