Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for callus under the feet

Answered by
Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 5930 Questions

Posted on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi I have a callus under my left foot, by my little toe. Do you have any real suggestions as to how to get rid of it. I have tried calluse removers.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggestions are bellow- Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Callus or corns are skin thickening due to pressure on a particular area.They are usually formed due to ill fitting footwear,high heels or due to abnormal toe shape. So the main stay is to relieve the pressure on that area. A simple OTC treatment is also successful in many, you can apply the corn caps twice a day for 5-10days as required. They loosen the excess hard keratin and restore normalcy. The corn can be burned with cautery or laser by dermatologist. If there is involvement of deeper layers of skin and bone, surgery is the treatment of choice. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Callus

doctor1 MD

I have a spot on the inside of my ring finger between the middle and ring finger where the skin has grown tough like a callus but it never goes away and I do not do anything physically to obtain the callus. The same thing is on the inside lower digit of my thumb on the same hand. On the thumb however there has been a soreness and I have to put vaseline or triple antibiotic cream and a bandaid each to keep the lubrication on that area or the thumb has cracked and then it really hurts. Again I do not use that part of my thumb on a regular basis. Do you have any clues as to what it is and should I be worried enough to go to a dermatologist? It has lasted for a few months.

doctor1 MD

I have what looks like a blister/callus on my toe. It s been there for months. I just caught it on my toe and loads of very thick sticky liquid came out of it. It was the consistency of pus but completely clear. I m just wondering what it might be as it s left a big hole in my toe

doctor1 MD

On December 2nd, I fell on concrete on my right side. No broken bones but I did spain my right knee. I also injured my right hand. Xrays were done but no breaks. My shin bone is my now very painful and red and my right foot is very blue. There is...

doctor1 MD

I have pain on the bottom of my 2nd toe. There is a dark hard spot on the bottom of this toe. I have a condition in which this 2nd toe stays partially on the top of the big toe. I have had this condition for many years. I have been wearing exactly...

doctor1 MD

How can I treat my historical shoe bite which has grown into a thick layer of muti layered hard skin on my corner most left feet's smallest finger. Please suggest nay ointment or medicine as I have to go on a trek in 1 month and I don't want my...

doctor1 MD

My big toes have sores on the outside. Calluses that rub and get sore when I walk in my hiking boots and sandals. I am walking 3_5 miles and training for the Portuguese Camino in August. Maybe my boots are too small?Please help with some suggestion. Thanks Jimmie

doctor1 MD

i used dr. scholls corn and callus remover on my toes because I had what i thought were corns. they weren t giving me any pain but I used it anyway. But now I skin discoloration, small dark circles on my toe knuckles from using it. my feet look worse than before. will this discoloration go away?