Suggest treatment for callus under the feet

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi I have a callus under my left foot, by my little toe. Do you have any real suggestions as to how to get rid of it. I have tried calluse removers.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggestions are bellow- Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Callus or corns are skin thickening due to pressure on a particular area.They are usually formed due to ill fitting footwear,high heels or due to abnormal toe shape. So the main stay is to relieve the pressure on that area. A simple OTC treatment is also successful in many, you can apply the corn caps twice a day for 5-10days as required. They loosen the excess hard keratin and restore normalcy. The corn can be burned with cautery or laser by dermatologist. If there is involvement of deeper layers of skin and bone, surgery is the treatment of choice. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care