Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

How to treat corns and calluses?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4152 Questions
How can I treat my historical shoe bite which has grown into a thick layer of muti layered hard skin on my corner most left feet's smallest finger. Please suggest nay ointment or medicine as I have to go on a trek in 1 month and I don't want my show bite to act as a restriction as I need to be physically fit. Right now, it hurts a lot if I wear some tight shoes.
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Callus - needs to be removed surgically

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you have developed a callus on your foot as a result of improper weight distribution. This callus needs to be removed and you need to visit a surgeon and arrange for the same (minor OT procedure). Medicines are unlikely to help. You also need to use soft soled shoes.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to treat corns and calluses? 13 hours later
Thank you for your valuable consultation. I do have a follow up question.
If I start undergo the minor surgery now (dec 1st), how soon as I expect to fully recover since I have to be physically fit for the my expedition trek by XXXXXXX 2nd 2017. Will a month be sufficient ir shall I cancel by trip if it would take more for me to recover ?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should not take long

Detailed Answer:
Full recovery is expected in a week or two. It is unlikely to take more than a month in any case. However, if you have diabetes (or are detected to have diabetes) wound healing may be delayed.

I do not suppose that you would need to cancel the trip.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor