How to treat corns and calluses?

Excellent

Question
How can I treat my historical shoe bite which has grown into a thick layer of muti layered hard skin on my corner most left feet's smallest finger. Please suggest nay ointment or medicine as I have to go on a trek in 1 month and I don't want my show bite to act as a restriction as I need to be physically fit. Right now, it hurts a lot if I wear some tight shoes.
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Callus - needs to be removed surgically

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you have developed a callus on your foot as a result of improper weight distribution. This callus needs to be removed and you need to visit a surgeon and arrange for the same (minor OT procedure). Medicines are unlikely to help. You also need to use soft soled shoes.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: How to treat corns and calluses? 13 hours later
Thank you for your valuable consultation. I do have a follow up question.
If I start undergo the minor surgery now (dec 1st), how soon as I expect to fully recover since I have to be physically fit for the my expedition trek by XXXXXXX 2nd 2017. Will a month be sufficient ir shall I cancel by trip if it would take more for me to recover ?

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should not take long

Detailed Answer:
Full recovery is expected in a week or two. It is unlikely to take more than a month in any case. However, if you have diabetes (or are detected to have diabetes) wound healing may be delayed.

I do not suppose that you would need to cancel the trip.