Suggest treatment for poor wound healing while having diabetes

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor

I am suffering with chronic wound at calcaneous area since 3 years..., can you please suggest the wound care management for this diabetic wound
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Absolute no bearing weight on the foot

Detailed Answer:

Wound recovery in diabetics depends on
1. Blood sugar levels
2. Regular wound debridement
3. Suitable antibacterial ointment
4. Last but not least, absolute no bearing weight on affected foot

High blood sugars will invite bacterial growth, and will delay or stop the wound healing, hence strict blood sugar control is essential.
Regular wound debridement by a qualified surgeon will help new granulation tissue to grow which will lay on new tissue and skin.
Nadoxin a ointment better suitable antibacterial for common wound infections in diabetics will stop the bacterial growth.
DO NOT BEAR WEIGHT on the affected feet, this will allow decent blood circulation which is essential for wound to heal. Blood will supply the necessary nutrients which are needed in the wound healing.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do ask, if any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Thank You Dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Wish you good health.