Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

How can toe pain be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4148 Questions
I have pain on the bottom of my 2nd toe. There is a dark hard spot on the bottom of this toe. I have a condition in which this 2nd toe stays partially on the top of the big toe. I have had this condition for many years. I have been wearing exactly the same kind and brand of shoes for several years with no problems. This pain and dark spot began about 10 days ago. Now it is increasingly painful when I walk with shoes. I am 63 and I am active and healthy. What should I do?
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly a callus formation. Proper foot support and care needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. It seems that you have developed a callus due to improper weight distribution on the soles of your shoes/foot. You need to get your blood sugar checked and also need to see a podiatrist/surgeon for the callus removal. He would also be able to suggest appropriate foot care suggestions.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor