How can toe pain be treated?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: I have pain on the bottom of my 2nd toe. There is a dark hard spot on the bottom of this toe. I have a condition in which this 2nd toe stays partially on the top of the big toe. I have had this condition for many years. I have been wearing exactly the same kind and brand of shoes for several years with no problems. This pain and dark spot began about 10 days ago. Now it is increasingly painful when I walk with shoes. I am 63 and I am active and healthy. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly a callus formation. Proper foot support and care needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. It seems that you have developed a callus due to improper weight distribution on the soles of your shoes/foot. You need to get your blood sugar checked and also need to see a podiatrist/surgeon for the callus removal. He would also be able to suggest appropriate foot care suggestions.

Let me know if I could help further.