Suggest treatment for blisters on the toes

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My toes are red and tender and often blister. Mostly happens in summer but have had all winter this year. The only relief is cool water. The tops mainly are red and some toes get a blister which dries to hard skin, Wearing shoes can be painful.Sun makes them even more tender or even just a hot day aggravates.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Proper foot care is essential

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I think that the real problem is being overlooked. During winter months apparently our feet get a thick tough keratin layer and the feet seem to sweat more as well. The resultant friction might be un-uniformly distributed over the skin and this could lead to the red, tender and blistering skin of the feet. My suggestions for you are:
* Use some moisturizing cream like Urea-10 Ointment. This will help in keeping the feet soft.
* Put Candid (clotrimazole) powder on your feet before putting on foot wear.
* After returning home put your feet in lukewarm water and scrape off the dead skin layer using a foot file. You can use cool water if you wish.

Try these and I hope that will make a difference.