• question-icon

Suggest treatment for buried penis

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, How are you? I had a major accident when I was young got ran over knock 2ó ft into the air spent time in recovery know I'm 60 and it was brought up to me a GF why is my head of penis almost inside of my body?? This is realy bothering me.. please help
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Diagnosis:Buried Penis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

Buried penis is a condition where the penis gets hidden underneath the skin and suprapubic/abdominal fat.
It is not of major concern if you do not experience any complications like difficulty urinating, urinary tract infection, erectile dysfunction or problems.with skin covering the penis.

Buried penis is more common in people who are overweight as the abdominal or suprapubic fat can cover the penis. If your weight is above ideal range please be advised to reduce weight.

Make sure that you keep your penis clean. If not circumcised, make sure to retract the foreskin and clean the area.

If any of the above-mentioned complications develop, treatment is with surgical correction by removing suprapubic fat pad and insertion of implants.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal