• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for buried penis

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, How are you? I had a major accident when I was young got ran over knock 2ó ft into the air spent time in recovery know I'm 60 and it was brought up to me a GF why is my head of penis almost inside of my body?? This is realy bothering me.. please help
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Diagnosis:Buried Penis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

Buried penis is a condition where the penis gets hidden underneath the skin and suprapubic/abdominal fat.
It is not of major concern if you do not experience any complications like difficulty urinating, urinary tract infection, erectile dysfunction or problems.with skin covering the penis.

Buried penis is more common in people who are overweight as the abdominal or suprapubic fat can cover the penis. If your weight is above ideal range please be advised to reduce weight.

Make sure that you keep your penis clean. If not circumcised, make sure to retract the foreskin and clean the area.

If any of the above-mentioned complications develop, treatment is with surgical correction by removing suprapubic fat pad and insertion of implants.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 3186 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Erectile dysfunction

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...doc I have problem in erection and i had problem of stone as...

doctor1 MD

can you please tell me if impotence can cause a man tell his wife 'i don't love anymore'?he acts as if i've hurt him terribly but he gives no actual...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor,
I am of 24 and, I am suffering from undescended testis (left side) but I have been aware of it only 3-4 years back, before that I was...

doctor1 MD

My friends husband, has erection problem, his penis didn't get erected atleast for an year after marriage..even if it erects does not penetrate in,...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I need advice on my Sex life. I am married since last year and sexually active from last 2 years with my spouse. What I feel now that...

doctor1 MD

Hi- what, if any, over-the-counter drug would you recommend for a 67 year old man with ED? Thank you. I await your reply. Just send your reply to...

doctor1 MD

I had my prostate roto rooted about 5 months ago and sexual function has decreased somewhat steadily and desire has too. I no longer ejaculate. The...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal
  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic constipation

  • Q - What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?

  • Q - Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding

  • Q - What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?

  • Q - Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms

  • Q - What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum

  • Q - What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...