Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty, anxiety and dizziness

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: Hello doctor, my mom has been really unwell since quite a long time now, seeing her has made me really worried and stressed, and from sometime now, i sometimes feel very much anxiet, breathing difficulty, dizzy, motions, headache, but these all fade away bit again come back, what should i do in this case.?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try to relax yourself

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern, please try to remain relaxed. The symptoms you are having are due to anxiety only. These are occurring in episodes which also strengthen the possibility of anxiety.

If you have access then visit a psychiatrist for treatment. As these symptoms are occurring due to stress of the illness of your mother so I don't think there is need for regular treatment. Low dose benzodiazepines like Clonazepam or Lorazepam can be used on sos basis. These medicines will help to control your anxiety symptoms. You can consult a doctor for prescription.

Relaxation exercises like breathing exercise can be used to calm yourself during anxiety. Slow and deep breathing during anxiety help to relax the symptoms.

Thanks, hope this helps you please don't hesitate to ask again for more details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad