Suggest treatment for blood in stool
avoid constipation as following. ....
I have gone through the medical history of your mother and understood your concerns.
As she is having alternating constipation and loose stool, then she might have developed hemorrhoids. The droplets of blood after wiping are due to laceration of rectal mucosa when passing hard stool.
Colonoscopy is advised to evaluate the changes in rectal mucosa and to determine whether hemorrhoids are the possible causes.
For the moment, I highly recommend to -
- encourage her to drink plenty of fluids
- give her more fiber rich foods
in order to avoid further constipation.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Noticed blood coming out in stool suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for runny stools
- Suggest treatment for constipation and blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for klebsiella in stool
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and blood in stool
- Treatment and cure for Blood in stool
- Getting blood in stool suggest remedy and treatment
- What is the treatment for blood in stools
- Suggest treatment for stool dumping