Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for bloating stomach and frequent constipation inspite of being obese

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15917 Questions
Hi Doctor I have mostly have bloated stomach and constipation frequently, i was on sompraz d 40 as advised by my doctor however the moment I stop I get the gastric problem again where after eating when I burp entire could world get to know what I had eaten .. I am at times getting pain also on my right side of stomach .. I am on a low carb diet for weight loss , due to this issue I'm not able to loose weight either.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow the guidelines as directed. Detailed Answer: Hi. The obesity itself can be a part of the reasons of your ''gastric'' problems. First of all get the constipation treated by mild laxatives like cremaffin plus at bed-time- the doses to be taken as per suits you; start with 2 teaspoonfuls and you can reduce or increase the dose as per your suitability. You need to undergo the upper GI endoscopy, ultrasound of abdomen, may be barium study of the esophagus and stomach to come to a diagnosis. Remember Ayurvedic and other supplements you are taking can enhance the problems; you can stop them for sometime to see if it helps. Till you go through the investigations I would advise you to take tablet Motilium -M 10 mg 1-1 at 6 am - 2 pm and 10 pm; meaning at 8 hourly interval along with plain Sompraz once daily. Go for bland diet, small frequent meals, exercises in moderate way, follow the chart your dietitian advises you, do no lye down after food - have a walk; No smoking or tobacco in any form/ drinking alcohol. A life-style which allows a sound sleep of 6 to 8 hours solves many problems. Always take help of your family as their persistence helps more than a Doctor's advise. Consultation with a Gastoenterologist is most advisable, as you may need prescriptions/ advise and endoscopy. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor