question-icon

Suggest treatment for blastocystis hominis

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: What is the best treatment for blastocystis hominus? Is it okay to treat it with Entamidazole?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, it can be used to treat Blastocystiis hormonis!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Entamizole(not entamidazole) can be used to treat blastocystis hormonis. Other medications that are often used are metronidazole and bactrim. I am confident this drug would be able to address your symptoms if they are for sure related to blastocystic.

This germ is mainly transmitted through poor sanitary conditions. The rule of thumb is that “If you can’t boil it, cook it or peel it — forget it”. Always stick to this and would save yourself from so many possible infections.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Ivo Ditah