question-icon

Suggest treatment for balanitis

Posted on Tue, 9 Dec 2014
Question: treatment for balanitis of the head of the penis
Answered by Dr. Arun (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please provide more information

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern and will give a resolution over it. I am Dr Arun Tank, Infectious Disease specialist answering your query.

Balanitis is very broad term which means inflammation of the glans penis.

There is wide variety of treatment options available as per the etiological agent, which is causing the infection.

Can you please provide me information regarding which type of infection you require treatment for balanitis? e.g. Is it due to irritant, bacterial or fungal infections..?

Also provide me photo of balanitis to help you further.

I will be happy to answer any of your concern, kindly contact me for further information

Dr. Arun Tank
Infectious Disease Specialist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Arun

Infectious Diseases Specialist