Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for back pain caused by sprained lower back

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Hello Doctor i have sprained my lower back in a game of cricket. By over strecthing. I have taken one flexon tablet and two oxalgin tablet in the last 18 hours. The pain is not reduced and i am not able to walk straight its painful.. Can you suggest me
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow the below mentioned guidelines. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. The fact that your pain is occurring with movements indicates a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain. I advice you to follow the below mentioned guidelines - * Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain. * Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area. * Moist heat application to relax the muscles. * Local application of muscle relaxant gel. * You can continue taking flexon tablet as adviced by your doctor. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Wishing you good health... Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor