Suggest treatment for back acne

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I'm almost 20 and have had back acne for 5 years. I tired prescription and over-the-counter acne creams/pills. With no avail. This year I been getting sharp pains from acne and bleeding sometimes. Is there anything I'm doing wrong. I'm still take an over-the-counter cream.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stop over the counter cream immediately.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for acne and related problems in yourself.

It is really distressing sometimes to get anything on face in young man of your age.

After reading your query I request you to kindly immediately stop the over the counter cream and send me the details or contents of all the cream you have applied or other medications taken.

I also request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the face so that I can analyze and guide you best. For the same you have a feature on the right side of the page.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY & Sexually transmitted diseases