• question-icon

Suggest treatment for arthritis in the lower back

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: can you have arthritis in your lower back and buttocks? what are your symptoms? what can you do about It?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain and restriction of joint movement are the main symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Arthritis or rather spondylosis could be the cause of low back pain or pain in the hips and buttocks. It could also be due to muscle spasm, thus causing the pain. Hot compress should provide relief.
The symptoms of arthritis primarily are pain and limitation of range of joint movements.

The vicious cycle of pain and spasm needs to be broken and I would insist you to take paracetamol or acetaminophen 500 mg two tablets together twice or thrice daily for next 3 days. If it does not, I would insist you to get a X Ray of Lumbosacral spine (AP and lateral) as well as X Ray of both hips (AP and lateral) done and to see a physical therapist with the reports. Based on the findings he would be able to demonstrate to you proper exercises that should provide relief.

Feel free to write back.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 minutes later
thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Let me know if I could be of any further assistance. I would be available in case you need any further assistance. Feel free to write back.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha