Suggest treatment for anxiety and fear of illness

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Hi,
Im a 34 female . I just want to know how can i get over the feeling of fear. For example, if i panic about something , i will put it in my head and days. For example, i just gave birth 2 months ago and i had HBP durinf labour time. They gave me a medication for it and when i used to check my bp it goes high then gradually goes down till it becomes normal . Now they started weaning me off my tablets but everytime im weaned off one dose i panic for days which makes my bp go high again . Please let me know how to over come this without taking mediciation . Another thing is , i get heartburn and weak when i fear ? Is it normal ? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tell yourself that you are doing fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

The fear of being ill in itself is an illness. That is what the main problem is at this time. I will suggest that you say it to yourself as often as possible that all is fine. it is all about you believing that all is well as the doctors say. Forget this feeling of being sick. I am sure you are okay and you have to believe this. All is okay and what you had Is normal and normally resolves after pregnancy.

in all, repeat to yourself and believe that all is normal and you are not sick. this will be of great help.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and feel free to ask for mom information and clarifications if need be.