Suggest treatment for anorgasmia

Posted on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: I have no physical sexual feelings. I have tried stimulating myself in various ways, but I cannot seem to get any pleasure from it. Any attempts at sex have been unpleasant and painful.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it is anorgasmia, need to find cause, provide more details

Detailed Answer:

Your history suggests that you are suffering from anorgasmia. It is a type of sexual dysfunction in which female cannot achieve orgasm despite adequate stimulation.
There are two types.
Primary anorgasmia: It is a condition where one has never experienced an orgasm before.
Secondary anorgasmia: It is the loss of the ability to have orgasms after initial success.

There are many causes:
Physical causes:medical diseases ( diabetes and neurological diseases), gynecologic issues, medications ( blood pressure medications, antihistamines and antidepressants), alcohol and smoking.
Psychological causes: mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression, stress, guilt about enjoying sexual experiences, past sexual or emotional abuse, relationship issues.

After this information let me know more about your problem.

- Since when problem is there?

- Is it primary or secondary? Means did you have orgasm/successful sex in past?

- Do you feel that any of the above causes may be responsible in your case?

- Let me know your menstrual history also.

I will be happy to help further after your response.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist