Suggest treatment for anorgasmia

Posted on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: I have no physical sexual feelings. I have tried stimulating myself in various ways, but I cannot seem to get any pleasure from it. Any attempts at sex have been unpleasant and painful.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it is anorgasmia, need to find cause, provide more details

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

Your history suggests that you are suffering from anorgasmia. It is a type of sexual dysfunction in which female cannot achieve orgasm despite adequate stimulation.
There are two types.
Primary anorgasmia: It is a condition where one has never experienced an orgasm before.
Secondary anorgasmia: It is the loss of the ability to have orgasms after initial success.

There are many causes:
Physical causes:medical diseases ( diabetes and neurological diseases), gynecologic issues, medications ( blood pressure medications, antihistamines and antidepressants), alcohol and smoking.
Psychological causes: mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression, stress, guilt about enjoying sexual experiences, past sexual or emotional abuse, relationship issues.

After this information let me know more about your problem.

- Since when problem is there?

- Is it primary or secondary? Means did you have orgasm/successful sex in past?

- Do you feel that any of the above causes may be responsible in your case?

- Let me know your menstrual history also.

I will be happy to help further after your response.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Sexual dysfunction

doctor1 MD

i am 30 yr old married and have a 3yr old son. i am having small dotted erruption on glans penis for last 8 months. tested negative for HIV and...

doctor1 MD

hello dr
I was having sexual problems as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation in jan.2010 which was cured after taking two months...

doctor1 MD

can consumption of protein supplements lead to erectile dysfunction...if so how can that be treated and how much time does it take to be normal?can...

doctor1 MD

my husband needs a colostomy reversal and hernia repair but has had sexual dysfunction problems that could be related to his original sigmoid...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I need advice on my Sex life. I am married since last year and sexually active from last 2 years with my spouse. What I feel now that...

doctor1 MD

Hello, in August, I fell on a wet sidewalk in Switzerland and landed very hard on my butt. I felt a surge go up my spine and into my head, and had...

doctor1 MD

Good evening doctor. I have given the sample for semen analysis test but the lab said semen does not liquify so, they have to do it again. Will...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction