Suggest treatment for acne on the back

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 30 May 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had acne on my back for quite a long time that won't go away. I use a Neutrogena body wash that I put on my back everyday. I am 36 years old and take adderall, bupropuion and sertaline. I also have psoriasis and bud it hasn't been a problem for a few years.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Capsule doxycycline and benzoyl peroxide cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take capsule doxycycline 100 mg once daily and apply benzoyl peroxide cream 10 percent on the pimples twice daily for 6-8 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this avoid wearing tight synthetic clothes, avoid scrubbing of the back, avoid oiling of scalp, reduce the intake of sugary foods and avoid applying cold creams on the back.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana