Suggest treatment for acid reflux and abdominal bloating

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been having excessive gas and multiple bowl movements a day which is normal for me but my stool is not its normal consistency. I also have been getting cramps mostly on my left side even when I'm not on my menstrual cycle. I just don't feel like myself lately and I have always had a very healthy diet and I'm very active but I feel like I'm gaining weight.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Excessive bloating and distension and multiple bowel movements and gaining weight is likely an irritable bowel syndrome and needs diet and lifestyle adjustment as a start. Small frequent meals, avoiding dairy products, spicy foods, fatty foods, processed canned foods, fries, chocolates, alcohol, beverages, soda, caffeine tea etc. Use more fiber and fluids, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, use yogurt with peppermint. Keep a balance between caloric intake and consumption. Exercise more 50 minutes a day for 5 days in a week at least. If you have menstrual irregularities , get evaluated for PCOS as well .

I hope modifying diet lifestyle alone will help relieve the symptoms. If the issue persists consult a local physician for alternate possibilities and let them proceed accordingly.

I hope it helps. Take good care ofyourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan