Suggest treatment for abdominal pain during periods

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi there. I am 44yr old mother of 2. I am on continuous pill for painful periods. I had week long period 2 weeks ago and I got another period yesterday with bad abdominal pain. Over the counter solpadeine nd ibuprofen has not reduced pain.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

If pain killers are not reducing the pain i will advise you to get a sonography of pelvis as it can be due to fibroids or adenomyosis especially at this age.

Also you can try Tablet Mefenamic acid one tablet twice daily for the time being. Its a good pain killer for periods

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX