Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for abdominal pain during periods

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 965 Questions
Hi there. I am 44yr old mother of 2. I am on continuous pill for painful periods. I had week long period 2 weeks ago and I got another period yesterday with bad abdominal pain. Over the counter solpadeine nd ibuprofen has not reduced pain.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

If pain killers are not reducing the pain i will advise you to get a sonography of pelvis as it can be due to fibroids or adenomyosis especially at this age.

Also you can try Tablet Mefenamic acid one tablet twice daily for the time being. Its a good pain killer for periods

Feel free to consult me directly


Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor