Suggest treatment for a crawling feeling in muscles

Psychiatrist
Question
I hve a feeling that something is crawling under my skin in the muscle of my right shOulder & is spreading to the middle of my back. there is no opening of the skin but I hear what ever it is(a ticking sound)and I am very anxious &hv tremb ling in my hands please help.
tell me now on this script
please help me the trembling & also bone pain in hips & upper portion of legs.. thank yu so much for your consideration
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Sunil Gupta 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment with medicines will help.

Detailed Answer:

I went through your query and can understand the distress that you must have been going through.

Your symptoms of feeling something crawling underneath your skin and spreading over your body together with able to hear it can be most probably due to perceptual disturbances. It is a common condition in older age. This combined with other symptoms of anxiety and trembling of hands suggest a psychological basis of your problems.

I would recommend that you consult a psychiatrist for evaluation of your symptoms. You might even need a brain scan to rule out any underlying brain pathology. Treatment with medicines like quetiapine will help reduce the perceptual disturbances in addition to helping with your anxiety and pain in body.

I do hope that I was bale to answer your query. Please feel free to ask any further queries that you might have. I will be glad to help.

Best wishes,

Dr. Sunil Gupta