What causes persistent sleeplessness at night despite taking medication?
Zolpidem SR can be used.
Hello thanks for asking
I can understand your concern. Your current therapy consists of Clonazepam 2+0.5 mg, Quetiapine 400 mg sustained release, Gabaneuron 600 mg and 10 mg Zolfresh.
Even with 2 mg of Clonazepam and other medicines your sleep is getting disturbed in night and there is awakening in midnight. You have tried improving sleep hygiene.
In that case considering your symptoms and history one thing that can be done is to take Zolpidem ER or SR tablet. The tablet is available in 12.5 mg SR form and this usually helps in sleep onset as well as maintenance. This will surely help to solve your problem. Once you are better then you can reduce the dose of SR tablet to 6.25 mg and then on SOS basis. Avoid increasing the dose of Clonazepam to 2.5 mg when you take SR Zolpidem. Take to your doctor for this.
Thanks and Take care
Take 12.5 mg ER or SR form of Zolpidem.
If possible take Zolfresh or Zolpidem ER 12.5 mg tablet for sustained sleep. Continue to take Quetiapine plain and other drugs as per your prescription. The tablet will help in sound sleep.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeplessness causes
- Severe nose pain swollen headache sleeplessness taking medication suggestions
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- What causes sleeplessness in a 5 year old
- What to take for sleeplessness
- Does taking meizitang cause sleeplessness rashes and fatigue
- What vaccinations can cause sleeplessness
- Drugs/medication for sleeplessness
- What can cause sleeplessness
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?