Suggest treatment for a big dark spot on the thigh

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi , I notice a big dark spot on my thigh that does not hurt when i touch it . It does not feel lumpy . It is not raised . I dont remember getting any injury in the area . What can it be .The spot is almost like an oval shape and about one and a half inch long. it is not spotted.
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query and evaluated the picture you sent.

It seems to be just a bruising ,a small hematoma.It might be caused from a minor injury that you might not remember or it might be a spontaneous hematoma.It doesn't indicate any specific problem that would require any medical assistance.
It is not of concern.It will change color gradually and go away completely in 1-2 weeks.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Dr.Rovena Murati
Dr. Rovena Murati